Weight Watchers Recipe
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 9 min
Fresh ginger, orange zest and honey, give this recipe fantastic sweet-heat. To easily peel ginger root, scrape off the skin with the back of a metal spoon.
|1 spray(s) cooking spray|
|4 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced|
|1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced|
|1 Tbsp orange zest, finely grated|
|2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced; or 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic|
|3 cup(s) snow peas|
|8 oz uncooked shrimp, small, peeled, deveined (about 36 to 40 per lb)|
|2 cup(s) uncooked bean sprouts|
|1/2 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice, freshly squeezed recommended|
|2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce|
|1 1/2 tsp honey|
|1 1/2 tsp cornstarch|
|1 1/2 Tbsp rice vinegar|
|1 tsp toasted sesame oil|
- Coat a large nonstick wok or saute pan with cooking spray; heat to smoking over high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in scallions, ginger, orange zest and garlic. Stir and toss constantly over the heat for 30 seconds.
- Add snow peas. Continue tossing until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp; continue cooking, tossing all the while, until shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 minutes.
- Add sprouts, orange juice, soy sauce and honey. Toss until bubbling, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, combine cornstarch with rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; continue cooking until sauce has thickened a bit, about 30 seconds. Remove wok or pan from heat and drizzle oil over the dish. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.
- Skip some of the prep work by buying convenience products like jarred pre-minced garlic and pre-minced ginger in your grocery store’s produce aisle.