Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Weight Watchers Mayo-Free Red Potato Salad recipe – 6 WW points, 8 WW points plus
This is a simple but delicious spring potato salad. The radish slices give it color and crunch, and the green onions their special flavor. This recipe also uses some speciality ingredients: ponzu sauce (which gives this salad a hint of zesty citrus flavor), and smoked olive oil that gives a lightly smoky flavor to this salad. If you don’t have these ingredients you can use regular olive oil and substitute the ponzu with some rice vinegar with a squeeze of lemon.
Weight Watchers Mayo-Free Red Potato Salad recipe
4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
2 bunches green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced
1/2 pound radishes, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons ponzu sauce
1/4 cup smoked olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Over high heat, heat a large pot of salted water.
2. When the water is boiling, add the quartered red potatoes and cook for about 15-18 minutes (until quite tender).
3. Drain and return to the pot.
4. Stir in the green onions, radishes, ponzu, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 6
WW points plus: 8
Total fat: 9.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 33.6 mg
Total carbs: 49.7 g
Dietary fiber: 5.9 g
Protein: 6.1 g