Friday, December 2, 2011

  Paper embroidery has always fascinated me.  Something about it just draws my attention.  So I was thrilled when I found this over at SWAK Embroidery!

Embroidered Valentine Cards!

vday-card1
     OK, I’ll be the first to admit…I am not a cardmaker. I have always sat in awe at the way some out there can take scraps of paper, ribbons, and other card-making tools to create a masterpiece. My sister-in-law is one such person. She has always amazed me as she so lovingly makes and sends cards for all special occasions in our lives. I can’t bear to even throw them away. What treasures they are.
     So when she came to visit us during the holidays, the two of us decided to play around with my machine. She could show me how proper placement and textures can add so much to a card, and I could show her how this machine of mine can work some magic! What fun! Here is a card we put together for Valentines! We used the raggedy heart line design to create a vintage-themed look.
     This past week I’ve been thinking about how much fun it was to embroider onto paper. If you’ve never done it before, you ought to give it a try! It’s so easy to do, you’ll wonder why you’ve never tackled it before. In fact, we have a great tutorial in SWAK 101 on how to do this!
     So today, here are a few cards that I had some fun making for some of my favorite valentines!
dsc_1233
     You can see close-up pictures of each of these in the “I Made This” section of the site as well as on their individual product pages! The possibilities of embroidering your own cards are endless. Some designs work better than others on paper. When choosing a design, it usually works best to have something simple without a large area of fill. Have fun with your embroidery! Make your valentine something special!

No comments: