Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Taco Salad

Taco Salad sounds really good to me right now, so I decided to go look for a taco salad I could make very easy and look what I came across over at Food.com!  I would personally leave out the dressing, but other than that these look temptingly delicious! Simple and tasty, and fast to boot!

Positively the Best Taco Salad. Photo by Lori Mama

Ingredients:
1 head lettuce, washed & drained well
1 (8 ounce) container grape tomatoes
1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos (I prefer Pepper Jack or Extra Nacho)
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 (8 ounce) bottle fat-free Catalina dressing (regular makes it way too greasy!!)
1/2 lb ground beef
taco seasoning

Directions:

1 Brown ground beef and drain. Add taco seasoning - follow package directions. Alow to cool slightly or put in refrigerator if you don't want to use the salad right away.

2 TEAR lettuce into bite size pieces, but into bowl. Cut tomatoes in half, and spread out on top of lettuce. Put cheese on top of tomatoes. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving, add Doritos, meat (if refrigerated, use microwave to take chill off of meat), and salad dressing. Toss well!

3 Don't skimp on the cheese or doritos, the more the better! I use the whole bag of Doritos. Not snack size, or Extra large, just the regular size bag -- .

No comments: